Team members and responsibilities
Names are listed in chronological order of officially joining the WebOS Ports team.
|ka6sox||Tom King||Founder and Project Lead for WebOS Ports||FT:High Power RF, VHDL/Verilog Design, Play Time: Dabble with Kernel development.|
|destinal||Eric Duprey||That would be telling||Hacker, security geek, one of the original devs behind the WebOS Internals "Terminal" application|
|linuxjacques||Dwayne Fontenot||No.||Something about Linux|
|rwhitby||Rod Whitby||@webosinternals||Consultant||WebOS Internals Founder and Project Lead|
|cryptk||Chris Jowett||@cryptkcoding||Server administration and management||I work as a full time linux systems administratior as my day job and lend that knowledge to keep the webOS Ports servers running as well as they possibly can.|
|scoutcamper||Matthew Van Gent||@scoutcamper_1||SysAdmin and developer and Developer||College Student and Webos Developer and Linux sysadmin|
|halfhalo||Patrick Roberts||HP webOS Employee||HP webOS Employee here to help|
|dtzWill||Will Deitz||@wdtz||Developer and Packager|
|LarrySteeze||Jason Green||@LarrySteeze||I'll never be old enough for that.||I'm cheesy in Wisconsin, corny when in Iowa, and dry when in Arizona...but I don't live in any of those three states|
|ShiftyAxel||Josh Palmer||@ShiftyAxel||UI Architect||Games Technology Uni Student & Programmer, has an affinity for User Interface/Experience. Thought he could improve webOS ever since his first Pre-|
|dkirker||Donald Kirker||@dkirker||<marquee><blink>WebKit!!</blink></marquee>||PalmOS junkie since 2002, webOS junkie since 2008, nerd, geek, and some other stuff. :P|
|morphis||Simon Busch||@morphis||Lead of the port to the Galaxy Nexus / Nexus7;General platform work||webOS since 2008|
|Appstache||Seth Goodell||@Appstache||Graphics/UI||Suspiciously tall, conveniently large hands, surprisingly thin, outrageously nonchalant, connoisseur of graphic design|
|Garfonso||Achim Königs||@Garfonso||Preware-2||I'm always with the underdog|
|Herrie||Herman van Hazendonk||@Herrie1982||Wiki||webOS fan/developer/patcher, IT background, currently not working in IT|
|Tofe||Christophe Chapuis||Graphic stack, QML for luna-next||new webOS fan/developer|
|Stefan-schmidt||Stefan Schmidt||CardDAV/CalDAV connector|
Who is working on what?
|What||Person 1||Person 2|
|Project Management||Tom King (ka6sox)|
|Browsers||Donald Kirker (dkirker)|
|Memos||Josh Palmer (ShiftyAxel)|
|Preware||Achim Königs (Garfonso)||Josh Palmer (ShiftyAxel)|
|Calculator||Josh Palmer (ShiftyAxel)||Matthew Van Gent (Scoutcamper)|
|Telephony||Simon Busch (morphis)|
|Porting Lead||Simon Busch (morphis)|
|Video Lead||Matthew Van Gent (scoutcamper)|
|Wiki||Herman van Hazendonk (Herrie)|
|CardDAV/CalDAV||Stefan Schmidt (stefan_schmidt)||Achim Königs (Garfonso)|
There are several areas within the project where help is welcome and required. Below we listed some parts. If you want to help with some of the points listed below just come or IRC #webos-ports and ping ka6sox or morphis.
Help with writing applications/system services
- Several of the core-apps (http://github.com/openwebos/core-apps) doesn't scale nicely on non-touchpad devices. They have to be eithe rewritten from scratch with enyo2 or being modified to support different screen sizes.
- Calendar app is going to be rewritten (https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.webosports.app.calendar)
- Preware2 needs help with polishing and getting stable
- Need to setup feeds for webOS ports
- We need to write our own phone application from scratch (either with enyo2 or as native qt5 application)
- We don't have any synergy providers. We need to write them from scratch:
- CalDAV/CardDAV is the most required one as it enables us to sync with mostly all the different sources like google, owncloud, ...
Looking for System / Qt Programmers
Wiki / Documentation / Community
- We need a better organization with the wiki to group same information together.