Bug Report guidelines
Thank you for reading this article. This will guide you on how best to present your bug report so that it gets addressed as soon as possible. Here are a few guiding principles that lead to success in getting bugs fixed:
Before filing any hardware related reports on issues.webos-ports.org, please update your build to the latest build from build.webos-ports.org to ensure that your bug report has not already been resolved by the developers.
Please do not quote Wikipedia and other non-primary resource information as fact on issues.
Is it a bug?
Determine if the bug is really a bug
You should not file a bug if you are:
- Requesting new software: you should follow the guidelines at NewPackages
- Requesting support: there are a multitude of ways you can get help using Ubuntu, such as the #uwebos-ports channel on the Freenode IRC server.
- Discussing features and existing policy: this belongs to the IRC channel.
- Filing a bug against a program not provided by an webOS-Ports package: You should file a bug in that program's bug tracking interface. Instructions are generally available on the program's web site.
Reporting the bug
Please create an account on issues.webos-ports.org,m and login. Next, browse to http://issues.webos-ports.org/projects and decide where the bug belongs. Once you open a bug report please make sure it contains the following information
- Steps to reproduce
- Direct link to build on build.webos-ports.org with this issue
- Upload the following log files after a fresh restart and reproducing of the bug