Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is my outline! Lots more to come! :)
link to novacom install download file per dev's instructions make a note of where your browser put the file create directory if necessary open xterm/terminal.app cd ~/Download check md5sum (need mac: /sbin/md5 LunaSysMgr & linux /usr/bin/md5sum commands) install with novacom novacom run -- file:///sbin/stop LunaSysMgr novacom run file://bin/mount -- -o remount,rw / novacom put file:///usr/bin/LunaSysMgr < ./LunaSysMgr novacom run file://bin/mount -- -o remount,ro / novacom run -- file:///sbin/reboot
rwhitby sez best recovery method is palm-install the recovery ipk downloaded manually
Notes and Assumptions
- You are downloading files to your default download directory, ~/Downloads, using your browser.
- "~" is Unix/Linux shorthand for the location of your home directory.
- "%" represents the command prompt in your terminal window.
- The commands you can cut and paste are in bold.
- Computer running Ubuntu Linux or Mac OS X
- 'Developer Mode' enabled on your TouchPad (How To Enable Developer Mode)
- Install the appropriate versions of the Palm SDK-PDK and novacom on your computer (you will need this if you have to recover)
How to Recover
- Download the stock Palm LunaSysMgr 3.0.5-3 to your computer. This is the same recovery package that you can install with Preware, but if something goes really wrong, you're not going to have Preware.
- Check the MD5 sum of the ipkg, which should match this: 20501828cc5b29200a0a3feaf8535dd4
% cd ~/Downloads
% md5sum org.webosports.palm-lunasysmgr_3.0.5-3_arm.ipk
- OS X
% cd ~/Downloads
% md5 org.webosports.palm-lunasysmgr_3.0.5-3_arm.ipk